Vesio di Tremosine
This is the northernmost hamlet of the municipality of Tremosine sul Garda and the most populous. Pieve the seat of the municipality is located 4.6 kilometers away.
Vesio is the perfect destination for those looking for a holiday full of nature, sport and adventure. A slow and active tourism. There are various paths to venture into trekking on foot, by bike and on horseback.
Valle di Bondo is the ideal place to have a picnic, along the river several natural pools have been created, excellent for cooling off in the warmer months. In addition, a percorso vita has been designed, an open-air gym, an alternative way to exercise and keep fit surrounded by unspoilt nature.
A popular destination for mountain bike and ebike enthusiasts. In fact, the well-known Tremalzo bike tour starts here, a challenging itinerary of 45 kilometers inside the Alto Garda Park.
Passo Nota is part of this circuit, and is also now accessible by car thanks to an alternative tarmac road; on the top, at an elevation of approx. 1200 m, there are two refuges open during the tourist season.
The church of Vesio dates back to the second half of the 1700s, built on a previous chapel of which no trace remains, by the Como-born Bianchi and Cometti helped, for the marble works, by the Veronese Francesco Zuliani, perhaps from Torri del Benaco.
The most beautiful altarpieces are those of the main altar, portraying the Madonna with the angels together with San Bartolomeo and San Rocco, and of the second altar on the left with the Immaculate Conception by Giandomenico Cignaroli from Verona who painted it in 1761. The ceiling is covered with fine decorations. Excellent pipe organ by the Venetian Gaetano Callido, restored a few years ago.
The week after Easter, during the Holy Forty Hours, a painted wood scenography is mounted on the main altar and set up with candles. A unique scenario that attracts religious and curious.
In via Simosegna you can see a fresco reproducing the Madonna with Child and Saints; in via Bettino, which connects the parish church with the provincial road, there is a capital dedicated to the Crucifixion and in via Giacomo Zanini another dedicated to the Sacred Heart.